Monday, March 17, 2008

The whirlwind is gone

So after a week of my daughter being home for spring break, the whirlwind is gone. The house seems quiet and I have to admit I miss her already. It seems one gets settled into a routine and when the routine is disrupted it can drive you crazy. But then after the routine drifts slowly back into its normal pattern, you miss the whirlwind that whipped in and out of the house, and shook things up a bit. Makes me sad to see her go. We will see her again in a few weeks when she celebrates her 21st birthday so I can look forward to that. Yes, it is true, my baby turns 21! After 28 years of being responsible for other human beings, my responsibilities are slowly shrinking. One part of me feels sad, but the other part feels glad. Now there is time for me and what I want to do. Now I just have to figure that one out!

Hearts.

No comments: